Even after your baby teething, you are able to brush her teeth and teach her how to do that when she is over 1 year old. However, the babies are not always interested in the daily brushing. You should do something to make her become excited in brush her teeth.
- Best Pack and Play Reviews – Buying Guide
- 7 useful advices for mothers of anorexic baby
- How to clean a Pack and Play
1. Make your baby accustomed to brushing
You should apply measures brushing your baby’s teeth right from early. Your baby is gradually accustomed to brushing.
- Before the baby’s teething: use a clean cloth or gauze to rub her gums after feeding. This will helps her adapt to the irritated gums like when brushing after.
- When your baby has teeth: she usually has 5-8 teeth in the beginning of teething. You can use a small toothbrush with soft bristles to gently rub your baby’s gums after feeding. Your baby is already familiar with the stimulation of the gums so you will clean her teeth easier.
- Baby who is over 3 years old: use a toothbrush and toothpaste to clean your baby’s teeth, remind her to brush her teeth every day at the time fixed such as after eating and before going to sleep.
2. Use a toothbrush with funny shape, soft bristles
- If your baby is very interested in colorful dolls, you should let her use the toothbrush with doll shape so that she will be more interested in brushing her teeth.
- In addition, you should remember to choose toothbrush with soft bristles to avoid hurting your baby when brushing, make her become scared and don’t like brushing again.
3. Choose the toothpaste that your baby love
When your baby starts to practice brushing, you can let her brushing with warm water or salt, the let her accustomed to toothpaste. The toothpastes for baby are varied but you should choose the toothpaste that your baby like to the brushing also become a pleasure with her.
4. Find out the problem about health or psychological if your baby is lazy to brushing
Neglecting brushing teeth in baby may be due to many cause, the most visible of that is issue of health and psychology. For example, toothache, gingivitis, bleeding when brushing…make your baby afraid of brushing. Bored, angry also reduce the need and interest for brushing. So , when you see your baby don’t want to brush her teeth like other friends, you should find out the causes for efficient solutions.